THE SPACE STUDIO
A flexible film and photography studio workspace right in the heart of Union Square.
RATES & Amenities
Studio rental rates start at $250/day or $50/hour (2 hour minimum), and include:
- 1500 square feet of flexible workspace
- Dedicated wireless hi-speed internet access and studio phone line
- Multiple 20A power outlets on dedicated breaker box
- White void cyc wall (infinity backdrop) for corporate video or photo shoots
- 30+ Hollywood-style flats, including doors and windows, for set builds of any size
- Screening area with couches, floating stage, HD projector, 2.1 receiver
Weekly/monthly rates available — email for more information.
The Space Studio is an artist workspace flexible enough to host a variety of creative uses:
- Film productions and set builds
- Film screenings, auditions, or rehearsals
- Music video and photography shoots
- Theatrical performances or rehearsals
- Music performances or practice sessions
- Dance studio
- Art gallery or exhibition space
- Classes and workshops
MADE AT THE SPACE STUDIO
Be advised the studio is a basement space in a building with little to no control over noise coming from upstairs tenants. While this is typically not a problem during normal business hours, the building sees an increase in noise and activity on nights and weekends. This mainly only affects audio-intensive work.
The Space Studio is located at 438 Somerville Ave, Somerville, MA 02143
Entrance is located in the alley between Market Basket and Little India Market, directly across from the Winebow Boston loading docks — look for the gray door stencilled with The Space Studio and the Auspicious Phoenix logo.
Parking available alongside the building or in front of the loading dock. Do not park in the Market Basket parking lot or your vehicle will be towed.
Studio line: (617) 702-9239